1999: I can’t just say “duice” or “dink” and “pease” anymore. I have to repeat after mummy “Mum can I have a drink please?”. It seems rather a long-winded way to go about things if you ask me! We decided to go swimming today. Mum rang Maldon pool but it would have been closed by the time we got there so we headed for Chelmsford instead. There were so many cars on the road and mum decided to take a ‘short cut’ but took a wrong turning and it took us ages to turn round again. This was the first in a long line of hiccups.
· When we arrived at the pool we didn’t have enough money for the car park.
· The lady at the pool reception was not impressed changing up a £5.00 note for the car park machine.
· We walked all around the leisure centre trying to find the changing rooms.
· I’d done a poo in my pants and mum had forgotten the wipes
· The baby pool was shut and we had to use the large pool with lots of hardcore swimmers who didn’t appear to find my splashing around fun
· My armband broke
· I was bored after 10 minutes and got out and refused to get back in
· On the way back to the car mum turned round to see me climbing on a motorbike (not that I see the problem with that one!)
2019: Spoke to mum today and invited her over for dinner on Thursday night and early Mothers Day as we are away the weekend. Hopefully she’ll fid her way, she still gets lost quite regularly – even with the sat nav technology of today
#technology #mums #motherday #cooking #swimming #hiccups #ditzy #bloopers #pottytraining #toddlers #speaking #language